Problem: Photoshop CS5 & Epson Stylus 3800

Reaction score
Hello.
I am experiencing a baffling problem with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer.

Trying to print on H-M paper, using the appropriate settings (see image 1), I find that under "Print Settings" on the printer driver, all the "Fine Art paper" choices are greyed out. Also, which may or may not be relevant, no matter what presets are selected, the parameters remain the same (i.e., it does not appear to be responding to a change of presets).

I am running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.
I have loaded the latest Epson driver, and reinstalled it after trashing the old /Library/Printers/EPSON folder.

At this point I am baffled. Can anyone please help?

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
With my experience of that type od epson printer it is always best to print from a PDF file rather than a native app, It might be something to do with postscript, but I always printed from PDF with an Epson, and even then the **** thing was temperamental - especially when there was a deadline.

OP
C
Reaction score
With my experience of that type od epson printer it is always best to print from a PDF file rather than a native app, It might be something to do with postscript, but I always printed from PDF with an Epson, and even then the **** thing was temperamental - especially when there was a deadline.

Thank you, louishen. Can you give me a bit more advice? In five years of printing exhibition prints with Epsons, I've never printed from PDF (I'm self-taught, hence with glaring holes in my knowledge...). What does this involve?

Also, is it relevant that the print menu has "Unsupported PDE" crossed out?

Would reinstalling Photoshop correct what seems to be a permanent error?

Thank you for your patience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
Hello.
I am experiencing a baffling problem with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer.

Trying to print on H-M paper, using the appropriate settings (see image 1), I find that under "Print Settings" on the printer driver, all the "Fine Art paper" choices are greyed out. Also, which may or may not be relevant, no matter what presets are selected, the parameters remain the same (i.e., it does not appear to be responding to a change of presets).

I am running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.
I have loaded the latest Epson driver, and reinstalled it after trashing the old /Library/Printers/EPSON folder.

At this point I am baffled. Can anyone please help?

Might be worth checking to see if the HM icc profiles are in the correct location.

HD > User > Library > ColourSync > Profiles

You also show "allow Photoshop to manage colours" presume then you have your Epson driver colour management set to Off?

Hope this might be of use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.