iCloud Calendar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio M1 Max 2022 32 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD; MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1 Pro Both on Ventura 13.1
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place. iCloud stuff seems to be spread over all of the forums. But anyway ............

My wife has an iPad, I have a MacBook Pro and our main machine is a PC. I would like to set us up with a common calendar across the 3 machines. Obviously we both have iCloud accounts for the IPad and MBP respectively and I see that I can access an ICloud calendar from the PC.

How do I set one up so that it is always easily available on the 3 machines while not compromising the individual iCloud capabilities of the 2 Mac's?

Thanks.

OP
spock999
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio M1 Max 2022 32 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD; MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1 Pro Both on Ventura 13.1
Thanks. That works fine. The only issue not mentioned is that the receiver has to have an active iCloud account and have the calendar section switched on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks. That works fine. The only issue not mentioned is that the receiver has to have an active iCloud account and have the calendar section switched on.

So, you wish to not synch over the icloud service?

Or is this a general observation about the nature of network calendar synching?

OP
spock999
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is all working now but I did have to do a bit of searching to make the iPad end work.

Hence, I emphasised the need for the recipient to have an active iCloud account and make sure they have switched on the calendar section. Much of the stuff you get is about how to initiate and invite but less about making it work at the invitee's end. I thought others might find it helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.