remove my old printer completely

Reaction score
i go to system preferences to remove my old printer,in print & scan the box comes up and shows no printers available,then says "default printer last printer used " i want to remove last printer completely,how do i select new printer?
billybjg

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Click the + symbol and walk through the process for installing a new printer. The next time you print something select the printer that you added. If that is the only printer installed I think it will be selected by default.

If I am not mistaken Last Printer Used stays there all the time. It simply means that the Mac will try to print to whatever printer you used last no matter what model. Once you select the newly installed printer if the dialog is set to "last used" it will continue to use that printer unelss you choose a different one. When you do iy continues with the second printer until you change to something else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.