Classic iTunes question

Reaction score
Hi, guys. This is my first post here, so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm sure I am, but I really couldn't find a category that it belonged in.

I just got done restoring two DV iMac G3s (one indigo and one blueberry) and an eMac. They're all working perfect and as fast as possible with Tiger, but I decided to downgrade my indigo iMac to OS 9.2.1 (really no reason for me to install 9.2.2). I want to use it as a small juke box in my repair shop.

I used to run 9.1 on it with a version of iTunes that came with it. I bought it used, and the original iTunes install CD was included (still have it), but the previous owner upgraded it. I am aware that it couldn't have been anything past 2.0.4, but I remember the visualizer running perfectly smoothly at a solid 40 fps in whatever version it was. So far, I have tried versions 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.4. None of them play the visualizer at a higher framerate than 20 fps, even with "Faster but rougher display" turned on. I know that the version I had back in the day had the cross-fade playback, so it had to have at least been version 2.0, and I don't recall ever seeing the original, original iTunes 1.0 logo (3 musical notes on a CD) on the desktop, just the classic blue iTunes 2 logo.

Considering the visualizer in 2.0.4 isn't working as smoothly as I know it could, I'm looking all over the internet for versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3. I would mostly prefer 2.0.0, but if anyone could possibly help me find any of those versions I would greatly appreciate it as I can not find them aaaannnyyywhere. It seems that since 2.0.4 is still around, everyone deleted their earlier files.

Thanks a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.