How to sync contacts

Reaction score
Hi there
Just got a new i pad mini and have tried transferring my contacts from my i Mac and i Phone but no joy. I followed the instructions using i Tunes and only some of my contacts are on the i Pad. I gather several people have had this kind of trouble using i Tunes, is there another way of doing it?? a simpler way hopefully.
Sesame

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Which version of OSX do you have?

Are these contacts just in your Address book on your Mac? Are they synced with your email account? If so, which provider?

OP
S
Reaction score
MAC OSX Version 10.7.5
I have some contacts on my Address Book on i Mac but the majority are on my gmail account.
Cannot get these synced to i Pad

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your information. It worked perfectly all contacts now on i Pad.
So much easier than the i Tunes method.
Thanks again.
Sesame

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Good stuff. I use that for contacts and calDav for google calendars. Always worked flawlessly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.