NVidia Quadro FX 4500 512MB

Reaction score
ok guys... i'm dying here :(

i have a NVidia Quadro FX 4500 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI TV PCI-E Video Card 371-0752-01

is it compatible with my mac pro 2 x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel Xeon

i am running Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

i was told that this is the card that i needed... did i error? if so, why, and which one do i need?

i am going crazy :( thank you in advance :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is it a Windows or Macintosh version of the card?

Im pretty sure that it is compatible with that Mac Pro...because its a pretty old video card. But regardless...why not just plug it in...and see if it works. It won't hurt anything. This is assuming it's the Macintosh version.

The Macintosh version of this card is very very expensive. If you didn't pay much for it...I'm betting it's the Windows version of the card. This card up to not that long ago was still sold at the Apple Store...and it was over $1000!!!:0

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
is there a way of telling?

Is it a Windows or Macintosh version of the card?

Im pretty sure that it is compatible with that Mac Pro...because its a pretty old video card. But regardless...why not just plug it in...and see if it works. It won't hurt anything. This is assuming it's the Macintosh version.

The Macintosh version of this card is very very expensive. If you didn't pay much for it...I'm betting it's the Windows version of the card.

- Nick

hmmm i have a feeling i got the wrong card then :( is there anything i can do if the card is a pc card? i was hoping to use this card on a project i am working on :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hmmm i have a feeling i got the wrong card then :( is there anything i can do if the card is a pc card? i was hoping to use this card on a project i am working on :(

Sometimes Windows video cards can be "flashed" to make them compatible with a Mac. But I don't know if there is a flashing program available for that card...and honestly...I'm not really a big fan of doing this. Plus 100% compatability is not always guaranteed. That's why the Macintosh version of video cards can sell for 3-4x the price of the Windows version.

Like I already suggested. Plug the card into your Mac Pro...and see if it works. If it does great! If not...then it's probably not the Mac version of the card.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.