logging into iTunes

Reaction score
Hi,
Yesterday I successfully downloaded two tracks from iTunes after being required to change my password twice. Later I tried to buy a third track and the site will not accept my id/password. I've changed my password a third time (and received a confirmation email) but I still cannot login.

I hit upon the idea of sending myself a gift card of the track and that was successful, but now I have to log into iTunes to redeem it and the same old problem occurs.

Next I went to Apple Support and loaded my info to schedule a call, but it tells me my mobile phone number (which is my only phone number) is not valid, even when I try the international format.

I've been working on this for l.5 days and I'm pretty frustrated. Can anyone help?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Re-boot the computer and try again.
Would suggest you quit changing the password all the time.

Had that happen to me a couple days ago on the 3rd item purchase - all I had to do was quit iTunes, open it back up and it then worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd suggest updating iTunes - today an update has been released. One of the bug fixes:
"addresses an issue that may require you to log into the iTunes Store repeatedly"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I have noticed this as well. Even with the newest update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I've also had problems. I have had to change my password four times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.