Epson Artisan 837 Print problem on 4 x 6

Reaction score
Hi all,
After updating the Epson drivers to the latest Apple-Provided version (Via software update), neither my Artisan 837 or Artisan 835 will print to Epson Premium Glossy 4 x 6 photo paper. Both worked prior to the update.

I have everything set correctly in the software (nothing changed after the update) but both printers act as if they have a hardware issue now. They cannot grab the 4x6 paper and after trying for a while, they give me a generic error saying there is either a paper jam or there is no paper in the tray.

This is really weird. I can hear the printers clicking away and trying to feed a sheet to print, but neither can grab the 4 x 6 and print.

They both work just fine with 8.5 x 11.

Any thoughts?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds strange that a driver update would foul up the print path for glossy paper, but I've seen stranger things happen.

The only thing I can suggest is to remove the new drivers, reinstall your printers and use the older drivers to see if that rectifies the problem. Otherwise I would give a call to Epson support and ask them if they're aware of the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.