Disappearing applications.

Reaction score
Can anybody help with this problem?
I use Mac OS 10.5.8 . Imovie,iphoto booth,adobe,open office etc. etc. have completely disappeared!! I`ve tryed seaching in spotlight,finder, and the applications folder is empty !
Is there anything that i can do about it ?
All suggestions would be VERY welcome, Thanks from Jonathan (Denmark).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, applications don't just disappear.

Who has been allowed to sit down at your computer?

Have you looked in the Trash?

Have you looked in both Applications folders?

You can reinstall them all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And Jonathan if your applications disappeared from the Dock, they are only aliases or short cuts. Should still be in Applications as bobtomay points out unless someone else has erased them.

OP
J
Reaction score
I was not aware that there is more than one Application folder, the one is in the hard disk,where is the other ?
Another thing is,i can`nt look in the systems folder and it`s not possible to change the background picture anymore.The Trash is empty. The only other one that has been using my computer has been my wife,she is mostly on Facebook, or plays games on Facebook. Is it possible for someone through the internet, to do something to my computer ?
Thankyou for using your time on my problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

The only other one that has been using my computer has been my wife,she is mostly on Facebook, or plays games on Facebook
Possibly she inadvertently did something detrimental.

Is it possible for someone through the internet, to do something to my computer ?

Very very remote chance of this happening on a Mac, unless you authorise it.

I must ask if your wife has her own account or does she use yours, and is your the admin account? If so not good practice.

Try Command-Shift-A if still no luck then I assume you have been running time machine, so there would be no problem reinstalling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I was not aware that there is more than one Application folder, the one is in the hard disk,where is the other ?

HD/Users/YourUserName/Applications

But that's not the usual place to put most/all of the Applications. The one in HD is more typically its location.

OP
J
Reaction score
I`ve gotten all the things up and running again! I had a folder With `Previous Systems` from 2008 that i could use.
THANKS everyone for your kind help.
Greetings from Jonathan (Denmark).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.