Access my iTunes music on my iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac, Late 2011 Model. 500g HD, 16 Gigs RAM. Snow Leopard.
I got an iMac at xmas and I recently got an iPhone 4. So I have uploaded my music to iTunes on the Mac but I want to be able to access it on my iPhone via iTunes, the way I can access my music on the cloud via Google play.

How do I do this ? Synching it looks to physically put my music on my iPhone and I can see no other way on iTunes ?

Do you have to use iTunes match for this and pay for it ?

Mark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Synching it looks to physically put my music on my iPhone and I can see no other way on iTunes
That's right. What's wrong with that? Why use your data allowance when you can listen for free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Even if you were to use the cloud implementation Apple uses, iOS devices download the media before playing.. it does not stream. Only on OS X devices can you stream from music match.

So yes, you'd either sync.. or download from match (this is a fee based service).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.