Avast antivirus

Reaction score
I have been trying to work with Avast for awhile now. Can someone please inform me where is my applications folder? At first this morning I thought I wanted AVAST because it worked good on my windows computer before. Well I went to the AVAST page and seen the free one but the pay one covered more so I wanted that. I paid $49.99 for it and DL it then when it did not install I called the tech help they informed me that there IS NO AVAST PAY for a MAC. Only the free version. Well I did try to dl the free version and now it wants me to drag the folder icon to the Applications folder. I thought it was Finder but evidently it must not be. Please help.

Thanks
fredconk:Smirk:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Desktop, Hard Drive, Applications. I don't know what your hard drive is named but that is how you get to the Applications folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
@fredconk...my Applications folder is in my dock...to the right of the "divider" beside my Documents and Downloads folders. It can accessed in other places on your Mac, i.e. Finder. Did you happen to remove it from your dock? You can easily put it back. I am currently at work on a Windoz box. Once I get home this evening, I may post a screen shot. In the meantime, hopefully someone may be of more help than I have been.

Reaction score
You can find it in at least 2 places:

Which are actually the same place.

Screenshot_5_21_13_12_53_PM.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
...and most folks can find it here....I don't know how to add arrows and label them, but it is the blue folder with the "A"

Screen shot 2013-05-21 at 5.02.19 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Shame you paid out anything. There are no viruses for Mac OS X however should you feel you need extra protection, download and use ClamXAV which is freeware

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you ALL for the assistance. I did find my applications folder it was in finder about the 3rd item down on the list. After finally finding it (which it did take me a bit) I had to leave for a while for Dr. appt . For some reason when I dragged the icon to the application folder nothing happened. I think I am just going to leave things as is. Thank you ALL very much for your help.
The reason I thought I needed something like AVAST is because lately some wierd stuff have been happening. I been getting email from companies I don't know and then today I went to put an appointment on my calendar and it kept inputting incorrect time after I tried to correct it. My appointment is at 0700 and I finally just quit messing with it when I could not get it to stay at 0700 now it reads appointment @ 1200AM. It was even changing dates on me for a bit . I thought for sure I must have something internally messing with programs.

Thank you all;
fredconk

M

MacInWin

Thank you ALL for the assistance. I did find my applications folder it was in finder about the 3rd item down on the list. After finally finding it (which it did take me a bit) I had to leave for a while for Dr. appt . For some reason when I dragged the icon to the application folder nothing happened. I think I am just going to leave things as is. Thank you ALL very much for your help.
The reason I thought I needed something like AVAST is because lately some wierd stuff have been happening. I been getting email from companies I don't know and then today I went to put an appointment on my calendar and it kept inputting incorrect time after I tried to correct it. My appointment is at 0700 and I finally just quit messing with it when I could not get it to stay at 0700 now it reads appointment @ 1200AM. It was even changing dates on me for a bit . I thought for sure I must have something internally messing with programs.

Thank you all;
fredconk
Most likely cause of date issues is the setting for timezone. System Preferences/Date and Time is the location to set it.

One other cause may be if you have the event as an all-day event. I think then it also defaults to that time.

But in any case, it's not a virus. There are none in the wild for OSX at this time.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply , It was changing the time zone I am in central and it kept changing ( I do not remember what it was changing to at this time, but it did ) . Although I just checked to see what time zone it was changing to and low and behold it is all correct for the moment hahaha. It has @ 0700 for the 28th and central timezone .
Thankyou for the assurance about no virus That does go a long way!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.