problem with hotmail account in MacBook Air

Reaction score
Hi!

I've added in my hotmail account and checked the incoming server info and outgoing server info and although I can see emails up to a certain point in time, I can't send emails and am not receiving the most recent emails, which I can see on my iPhone. Help!

Jean

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Without any further information from you, about all I can suggest is to make sure that you have correctly setup your HotMail account in Mail. I'm assuming you have setup a PoP account. Double check the incoming address (PoP) and outgoing address (SMTP). Also verify that your password is correct.

OP
F
Reaction score
problem with hotmail and MacBook Air

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked both incoming and outoing server info and password etc and still no joy. The info I inputted:

HOTMAIL POP: incoming server pop3.live.com, port 995 and SSL - yes

outgoing server smtp.live.com, port 587, SSL yes, password authentication required, use only this server ticked. When I try and send a message, I get the error message - The sender address [email protected] was rejected by the server smtp.live.com.

I tried Connect Doctor and HOTMAIL POP - connection and log in to server succeeded.

Very frustrating!

Jean

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi Jean:

Take a look at these setup instructions and walk through with screen shots to see if they jive with what you have done. I don't use Hotmail so I can't give you a step by step based on experience. Go to this LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.