iMovies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (Mid 2012) Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Upgrading to 16GB.
Could not sleep last night so played with iMovie for 5 hours, learnt not to delete before finishing and exporting the movie to Quicktime and a few other things, I think apple needs to supply manuals on their apps, because 5 hours to make a 2 minute movie is nuts!:\

This is the first time I have ever play with movies, Photographs no problems with Photoshop Lighting Room etc but movies is a whole new game.

Anyone got some good advice, please on how to use this app.

OP
Murasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (Mid 2012) Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Upgrading to 16GB.
Thanks for the link OSXX.

Just having a read up on 'Final Cut Pro X' looks like I need to invest ¥26,000 and buy it.;D

Reaction score
Worth buying a copy of David Pogue's Missing Manual for iMovie. Excellent value!

Cheers

Mitcherooney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I think apple needs to supply manuals on their apps,
Work through the iMovie Help. Everything's in there.

OP
Murasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Been view all the iMovie help on Youtube, and now understand it a little more.

Thanks for all the information guys.

OP
Murasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C

chas_m

New to all this .... so on a fast learning curve!

I'm making a presumption here, but as I teach a lot of new Mac students ...

I have found that it is best for students to take the time and learn basic Mac operations first, then dive into a program. The functions of said program tend to be picked up A LOT faster because they generally conform to "Mac logic," but if you don't know the logic ... it's a bit like trying to play a song on the piano by assuming that any key you press will play the note you wanted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.