How do I uninstall DivX from my mac

Reaction score
I have Divx on my mac, which I never use, and I can't seem to uninstall it. I've tried dragging it to 'Trash' - nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok, how? Someone might find this thread by searching and then find no solution!

OP
S
Reaction score
There was no big mystery to it, toMACsh. I installed DivX over a year ago now, had used it once and there it stayed in Launchpad unused. As I don't use lots of apps I have no need to delete them, and I forgot the basic checks before posting my 'panic' thread.

Anyway, DivX is easy to remove as it comes with a separate Uninstall Package. I found this in Launchpad. The icon was red with a big 'X' on it - too subtle a clue for me, apparently! I clicked on that and that was it; DivX was gone.

Felt sheepish about it the time, it really was that easy! But right you are: share any information as could help someone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Anyway, DivX is easy to remove as it comes with a separate Uninstall Package. I found this in Launchpad. The icon was red with a big 'X' on it - too subtle a clue for me, apparently! I clicked on that and that was it; DivX was gone.

Felt sheepish about it the time, it really was that easy! But right you are: share any information as could help someone else.

There you go. Someone else who is blind might see this thread. ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One of the great things with internet forums. The answer may be sitting right here…just waiting to be discovered & rediscovered!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina iMac Late 2014, 4GHz I7, 4GB graphics, 16GB Ram, iPhone 5S, 17" Dell Laptop
I'm looking to uninstall DivX as well, did the search and came here. I am definitely blind as I don't see a RED icon with an x in it.
Please help me see what i'm missing so I may get rid of this APP.

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Applications folder - DivX folder - click on Uninsrtall DivX

If you've already done something like try and drag/drop to remove it, then you may need to reinstall DivX to get the uninstaller back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina iMac Late 2014, 4GHz I7, 4GB graphics, 16GB Ram, iPhone 5S, 17" Dell Laptop
Thanks bobtomay! It was there and I used it (uninstaller). It said it was leaving the installer and another folder behind, so I came back after the reboot, did a search, then put those two items in the trash. Now I feel it is all gone. Thanks again

Reaction score
How to stop repeated messages for DivX update

Hello,

I´m getting repeatedly messages for a DivX update, but I can´t find this software anywhere.
I tried just about all the "solutions" I could find through a search.
First I tried to delete this software, that was when I got the message, this software could not be deleted.
Then I downloaded and installed the software again from the recommended website, and then uninstalled it.
Still no difference - still getting the update reminders.

Many thanks in advance for any hints!

manoka

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.