Photo Stream

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (Mid 2012) Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Upgrading to 16GB.
My name is Murasaki.

Been using Apples for a long time starting with the Macintosh IIsi (1992) and loved Apple until I brought the just release MacBook, it need to have the heat sink replaced 3 times, the DVD/CD replaced once, the track pad replaced once and the HDD replaced twice, this was all with in a year of purchasing it, I decided to drop Apple after that. And went across to Windows ... Since 2007 until 3 weeks ago when after putting up with Windows crashing every second day I decided to once again return to Apple. I have just brought the 13inch MacBook Pro and at the moment having problems setting up Photo Stream on the web.

I have click share a Photo Stream and Clicked

Set up Photo stream and click Public Web Site, and nothing!

ScreenShot0025-05-20at114332_zps78c0d074.jpg

There is no URL so you can view them. So after spending nearly 5 hours trying to work this out I have decided time to join a forum.

Reading the net it says to get to your photostream you need to type in

http://www.icloud.com/photostream – user's Photo Stream access.

Where do I find my User's Photo Stream Access? I cannot find this any where!

I do not have a iPhone or iPad as of yet as only moving across from Windows.

In the Box I added my Email address and nothing arrived, I have tired over 5 times to email and nothing.

OP
Murasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (Mid 2012) Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Upgrading to 16GB.
Yes I have followed that ... but it is not a Public Website.

OK for sending to iPhone and iPad, but I have people that are not apple users and do not have iCloud and not interested in getting iCloud, so that is why I want the Public Website, which seems I cannot find.

This is what I am trying to find .

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45oqs3qliJEC

This is not my account and I do not know whose it is but it is public ...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You need to create a photo stream prior to being able to share it.

Go back to the above link.
Head for the 'Share Photo Streams' in the side panel to read about how to create a shared stream.

Once you create the photo stream and add the email addresses of the people you want to share it with in the "To:" box, they will be sent an email with the address.

OP
Murasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was told this by a person on the Apple Support Communities

• Select "Photo Stream" in the "Web" section of the Source List.
  • Then select your new Shared Stream in the "My Photos" section of the viewer.
  • The "Info" panel should show a button "Visit Website", if your Shared Stream is published as a webpage.

And it worked 1, 2, 3 and Public Website found.

ScreenShot0025-05-21at25011_zps9ef2661b.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.