Airport Express

Reaction score
Doe anyone know how to set up a macbook pro with an airport express to play all system sounds through the airport express? I've tried changing the sound settings but although it's there to view won't let me change it. This is driving me nuts!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

What do you mean "play all system sounds" through the Airport Express? What is it exactly that you're trying to do? Also please include some info about your MacBook Pro (year and model) and what version of OS X it's running.

OP
Reaction score
It's a macbook pro 9.2. Year 2012 and is running mountain lion. I'm streaming music via the internet (using safari) and want to be able to play it through my speakers wirelessly. It will only currently play music if I'm using Itunes :Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please read through the following Apple knowledge base article: LINK

OP
Reaction score
Thanks chscag, I've had a look but from what I can see it only applies to iTunes. I'm trying to stream directly from safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks chscag, I've had a look but from what I can see it only applies to iTunes. I'm trying to stream directly from safari.

Really not in the design parameters of airsharing. If you can do it, it's by some hack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.