A code under the mouse cursor!!

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I turned on my MAC PRO and there was a code appeared under the mouse cursor, also my MAC slowed down, is that a problem related to the display card??

DSC_0199.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Weird. Looks like gibberish. I don't think that's hardware issues though which is good news on your wallet.

If you haven't already done so, try doing a shut down, wait a minute or two, then turn your computer back on.

You can also try resetting the PRAM. To reset PRAM, turn the computer off then turn it back on while holding cmd-option-P-R. Keep holding them down until you hear your computer start up again a second time.
OS X Mountain Lion: Reset your computer

Wish I could help more! I'm sure one of the resident experts will chime in here with some more advice though ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Weird. Looks like gibberish. I don't think that's hardware issues though which is good news on your wallet.

If you haven't already done so, try doing a shut down, wait a minute or two, then turn your computer back on.

You can also try resetting the PRAM. To reset PRAM, turn the computer off then turn it back on while holding cmd-option-P-R. Keep holding them down until you hear your computer start up again a second time.
OS X Mountain Lion: Reset your computer

Wish I could help more! I'm sure one of the resident experts will chime in here with some more advice though ;)

THX a lot!
I've tried to restart it but the problem is still here.:'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might want to swap the monitor with another one to see if it's the monitor or something to do with your graphics card. Do you have a spare graphics card that you can swap with?

OP
C
Reaction score
You might want to swap the monitor with another one to see if it's the monitor or something to do with your graphics card. Do you have a spare graphics card that you can swap with?

Not now, but I will try

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.