Hi from a new mac user!!!

B

belsambar

Hi people! Just thought i'd introduce myself here. I've been lurking on this site for the past couple of weeks absorbing the collective knowledge so i could make my mind up as to whether i would be doing the right thing by buying a mac.

Now i have! (see spec on my side bar thingy)

Its not arrived yet as i only ordered it today but i'm really looking forward to it, although i want to put firefox on straight away because i like it so much.

Any tips on software i should download that is useful? I mean in general so please dont say things like *depends what you want it for!*

And what things should i look at so i'm dazzled straight away by my new book!

Thanks!

Bel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Congrats and welcome belsambar! you can check out http://www.versiontracker.com for lots of software, possibly some maintenance software like Cocktail to keep things running smooth. Checking the forums is a must too. Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.