one hand operation

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm using a Mac Pro running Leopard and standard keyboard and Magic Mouse for Photoshop. I might be having left elbow surgery and would like to know how to option click with one hand.

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks!

Kirk K

C

chas_m

Do you mean option-click or control-click (the latter being the equivalent of a right-click)? Just want to clarify.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will ask the same as Chas did, do you mean one hand left and right click using a mouse? If so, any 2-3 button mouse will work and you can enable Right Click and use it just like on a PC. If you mean something else please clarify so we can better help you.

OP
K
Reaction score
One hand operation

Thank you for the replies!

Since I primarily use my Mac for Photoshop I use the Option Click very often for color sampling, clone stamp source sampling, healing brush sampling and many more functions. I use a Griffin Power Mate to control brush size with my left hand but I can do that in any position, even on my lap if necessary as I may be somewhat limited in movement in my left arm after ulnar nerve entrapment surgery. You may ask why don't I just use a Wacom Tablet? I tried but never did get it to work for me. It would be great if I could simply reassign the right click to option click rather than control click. Another fix would be a foot switch to assign to the option key if there is such a thing. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Kirk K

C

chas_m

Great, just wanted to make sure you meant what I thought you meant. All you need is a third-party app like BetterTouchTool or MagicPrefs (I personally prefer the latter for the Magic Mouse), both free.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks Chas!

I will check out those apps. I appreciate your help.

Kirk K

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.