Downloading.

Reaction score
heyy,

I recently Brought a MacBook Pro.
Up until now, i have had no problem with downloading but for some reason i can't download anything now. it either comes up in text edit, or can't open at all...

help?! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
heyy

Welcome . .

Is this a new Mac from the store or second hand from someone else ?? What type of Mac and what OS are you running ??
Can you give us more info please on Mac specs, and on the downloading? What are you downloading ? From where ? Where have you got your downloads going to ? This can be set in Safari>Preferences>General and down the bottom of the page there is a drop down to pick where your downloads go. If your using safari to download. Have you tried a different browser ??

To me, it sounds like you are getting a corrupt download, and its not complete. First thing, i would try Repairing Permissions via Disk Utility, log out then back in and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.