Internet via Ethernet Only

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro (2010). OSX 10.6.8.

For the last 24 hrs my internet access via wifi has been sketchy then today it stopped working altogether.

The machine will connect to the router and get all the right IP configuration. However, it will not connect to the internet (e.g. Safari will try to open a page and eventually time out). The machine will connect (via the same router) over ethernet.

I also have an i-mac and that works fine over wifi (via the same router) and receives identical config save the IP address. My Android phone and W7 laptop also work fine over wifi.

I believe the issue is related to the fact that I connected to a corporate guest wifi recently as the corporate logo pops up on the tab once the page connection times out.

I have tried deleting and recreating all wifi connections, rebooted the router and machine, deleted system config, software update. Pings (beyond the LAN) time out. DNS resolves correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Has anything been added to the proxy settings?

OP
D
Reaction score
Fixed

I'm not sure why, yet, but the issue was something to do with Adobe Flash.

I'll send an update if I ever figure out quite what the issue was.

Thanks for your consideration.

Reaction score
Having the same problem on my Mac Pro. Post some info if you find a solution!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.