vertical THIN line

Reaction score
I need a THIN vertical pencil line, but all I can find is the Insert > Shape > Line. That line is what it is and I can't make it thinner. Then when I have to rotate it to be vertical, it wavers the line, and it's almost impossible to get it perfectly vertically straight. Is there no way to create a vertical line without having to rotate it?

Also, is there a way to see the actual pixel size of each text block I put on the page. I am doing a timeline and everything has to be perfectly the same size box. I've been snapping to grid AND to guidelines, but I'm accustomed to using Fireworks and with FW, once I get one box the size I want, I can actually type in the height and width of another box , and even position vertically and horizontally, so that everything is perfectly lined up.

So is there any way to get exact size boxes besides just snapping to the grid and guidelines? My eyes are falling out of my head counting all the little inches LOL

Thanks!

C

chas_m

I was so hoping you'd give some tiny hint on what program you're using (Mac model and OS version would be helpful as well) so that we could help you ...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
MS Word? Adobe Photoshop? Apple Pages? What???

OP
P
Reaction score
Ohhh, duh, I'm SOOOO sorry. That would help, huh!!! See, I was googling The Print Shop 2, and it brought me here!!! How could I forget the most important detail! (whacking head).
Mac Air, OS V 10.6.8

C

chas_m

Don't know nothing about Print Shop 2, but if you'll explain exactly what you want to do it's possible you may be able to do that in some other way. For example, Preview let's you draw lines on photos of various (but not custom) thickness.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you, Chas_M for responding and offering to help.

I just figured out how to do it. I was trying to get a STRAIGHT vertical line after inserting a straight horizontal custom line (in Print Shop 2). I was trying to turn it with the circular arrow but I'd always end up getting a wavy line or one not quite straight even though I tried to snap it to the grid.

But I just figured out that all I need to do is insert the horizontal line and then Arrange > Rotate > 90 degrees. That makes the line vertical and it's then perfectly vertical opposed to having it a little off.

Thank you again for offering to help!

C

chas_m

No worries. For future reference, in most Mac programs drawing the line with the shift key held down constrains the line to be at perfect 45 degree angles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.