printers won't work with OS upgrade

Reaction score
Still using a PowerPC Mac, I upgraded to 10.5 from 10.4 and now my computer won't talk to the printer. I had a Lexmark X6650, which was aggravating under 10.4, but yesterday bought a used HP 2100M. Still won't work. Obviously, it is an issue with the upgrade. Anyone got some ideas? They would surely be appreciated.

C

chas_m

Since you didn't mention it -- have you checked on either Lexmark or HP's site for older drivers? Tried a search for "Leopard driver (model of printer)"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try uninstalling the printer in System Preferences using the (-) button, uninstall software from Applications. Run CD installer again and into System preferences with the printer connected and turned on and see if it locates the printer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Forty five minutes after I originally posted and tried to print, the HP printer spat out a page with a 60 pt. capital J from a Quark file. It did a whole Word file of two pages. Then I tried it again and it printed only the first page. Tried a third time and it would do nothing.
In the printer box it shows that I'm using an HP. Yesterday I downloaded t he printer files on the OX10.5 installation disc. Should I have just gone to the HP site and downloaded the appropriate driver?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.