MS Word 2011 Font Question

Reaction score
I am a first time user of this site and have, I think, a rather unusual question.

The font, Letraset Fine Hand, is on my computer. In MS Word, I can access the fancier symbols under the Insert>Symbol>Advanced menu from Word 2011.

What I want to do is find the Advanced Symbol group of fonts on my computer so I can use the font in Photoshop.

Does anyone know where to find it?

I would be most grateful for your help. One of the symbols is part of my logo, the pretty, fancy B.

Oh, I am running OS 10.8.2.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.
Joy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any special or specially installed fonts would be located in your User Fonts folder. Unfortunately, the User Fonts folder is tucked away in your User Library folder which is hidden by default in Lion and Mountain Lion. Which is the reason you can't find it.

You can unhide the User Library folder by entering the following in your Terminal application and press return:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Once your User Library folder is visible, use your Finder and go here:

Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Fonts/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.