Missing Plug-in

Reaction score
My web site has a flash element at the header, which I can not view on my MAC. The message reads "Missing Plug-in". I downloaded the current Adobe Flash Player and received a message that it was installed correctly. Still no luck viewing my website's flash driven header area. Is there anything I can do? Thanks, RT

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you restarted the browser? Plug-ins can only be loaded when a browser is opened so if you haven't completely quit the browser and re-opened it, the plug-in won't be registered.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did restart the browser and still Safari won't run flash "Missing Plug-in". However, Firefox, is running it fine. If you have any suggestions about how to get Safari on board that would be great as it is my preferred internet search engine. Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to Help > Installed Plug-Ins. Is Shockwave Flash listed?

C

chas_m

Let's back up a second. What OS version do you have running on this machine (and which model is it, specifically)? This may solve the mystery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.