where's the "Mobile Documents" folder?

Reaction score
Just bought a brand spanking new Mac Book Air (OSX 10.8.3) and I want to sync a documents folder thru iCloud on the Finder Sidebar.

But in the Library folder, the "Mobile Documents" folder is not showing up. Making an alias of this folder and dragging it to the Finder Sidebar has been worked great for me and I would love to do it with this machine as well.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Where are you looking exactly?

On Mountain Lion the path is ~/library/

C

chas_m

Since you're running a more recent OS, what's likely going on is that you're not looking in your USER Library folder, but instead in the system Library folder.

In Finder, click on the Go menu and then press and hold the Option key. Now you'll see the normally-invisible "Library" from your Home folder and can access it. In there you'll find Mobile Documents.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yup, mrplow and chas_m, that's exactly what I'm doing. It's not in there.

It wouldn't be hidden, or named something else, or accessed another way, would it be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you logged into iCloud (System Preferences) and gone into an app that uses iCloud for document syncing. It's highly likely that the folder isn't created until first needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good stuff. No stupidity required, I have enough for us all :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.