Boot Camp Help

Reaction score
Hi,

First off I'm fairly new to owning apple products from general and I'm very impressed compared to other products. I have a Macbook Pro mid 2012. I have a 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 with OS X 10.8.3. I want to run windows for a few windows games and for multiple engineering programs that work only with windows. So my question is what is the best way to do this? I know there are parallels and shortcuts to get these programs but I think running boot camp will be the safest and easiest. And then I still need to get windows so what windows version would perform the best? Thank you all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Suggest Windows 7 in 64 bit version. This allows your MBP to fully utilize all the memory installed. As to Home, Premium, Ultimate etc. guess what you need is up to you. Makje sure you print and study the BootCamp guidelines. These will appear when you open the BootCamp Assistant in utilities.

Windows 8 will also install as you are using OS X.8.3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.