WiFi problem on MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
I have a deal with my neighbor to share their wifi (I pay half). Recently my MBP hasn't been able to connect to the internet even though I am showing I'm connected to their system. My phone and g/f's phone connect to their wifi with no problems.

If I turn on my hotspot (wifi) on my iPhone 5 the MBP connects to the internet instantly. I have read some problems about people with Lion having similar problems, so I upgraded to 10.8.3 and still the same problem.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
One thing I would try. Delete the connection to your neighbors router even going as far as opening Keychain Access and finding his router there and deleting that. Then add the connection again and put in the key. I have seen that work the few times I had trouble with a certain connect to a router.

You remove the connection from Network/WiFi. Keychain Access is in Applications/Utilities.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.