multiple device bandwidth monitor

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to tap some forum knowledge with regard to bandwidth monitoring. I have multiple devices that routinely stream data from my mbp through a time capsule. Where I live there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth capacity and I get charged quite a bit if I go over (which I have been lately). To that end, I was looking for an app that could track usage by mac address so I can see if it is my iPad (or my wife's), or my iPhone (or my wifes), or the xbox or the ps3, or if some setting is trying to use the cloud to stream to the apple tv, etc, etc. My usage has doubled in the last two months and we are not using anything differently.

Anybody have any advice? I purchased net monitor from the app store for the mbp, but it lumps all activity together from what I can see. So streaming to the airport express on the back deck, or streaming a movie to the apple tv from the mbp, is counted within the totals of streaming from the internet (which we can't really do in this country anyway).

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It does do exactly what you want but BitMeter does track net usage over time so you should be able to match that up with activities on your devices. That's assuming that everything connects via your Mac rather than the normal way, direct to your router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
You might be able to capture the data using the wi-fi diagnostics tools. Hold down the Alt key whilst you click on the wireless icon and choose Wi-Fi diagnostics. This will open a pane where you can 'Capture Network Traffic'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.