I Got Just Got My First Apple!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Hi everyone! I just went to a Apple retail store and picked out a 17in. intel imac. It is so cool! I love it already and can't wait to find out all the stuff it has to offer. I ended up selling my dell laptop to fund it. The interface is so beautiful and clean compared to XP... I'm utterly blown away. I just got the basic configuration but I may add more ram a little ways down the road if needed.

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
Having recently switched myself, I would suggest attending some of the workshops at the Apple store. I recently went to one for GarageBand and actually learned something. Pretty good stuff for the beginner.

C

coolemt

Very happy for you indeed. There is no computer out there compared to a Mac. Hope u have as much fun with it as I have had with mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
congrats to the both of you!
Arichards which retail store was it out of interest?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
inflexion said:
congrats to the both of you!
Arichards which retail store was it out of interest?

I puchased it at the Apple Store in Burlington.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Congrats and welcome to the board!!! Glad to hear you like it, best thing you prolly ever did, if you havent realized it already.

-J

Reaction score
Sounds like you made the same switch as myself! I have a BRAND NEW Sony tower with dual processors, and a brand new compaq laptop that are not doorstops. I literally look at them with disgust every time I walk past them.

I've been slamming Mac for years because i've always been on a PC and didn't want to believe there was a better way. I liked RedHat Linux too and when I found out they were all based on a Unix platform I decided to give it a go.

I couldn't be happier :) (Well except when everyone gives this ex-PC guy a hard time)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.