ical - trying to keep my sanity

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Here is my problem. I am running OS X 10.7.5

I often sign up for various webinars / seminars that allow you to click the link and have it automatically add the class info to ical. The problem is... sometimes you want to remove the webinar / seminar from a date for a variety of reasons, and it doesn't seem to allow you to do so since you "add to your calendar" link from the hosting party website (gotowebinar or google+ hangout or gotomeeting for example). How do I remove various events from ical when you click on it and it does not allow you to "CUT"?

Thank you in advance for your help... new to this group (first post) and using this laptop.
Carpoolqueen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
When you highlight the event can you not go to edit in the toolbar and select cut or delete? I don't use ical but just tried it as a test and seemed to work

OP
C
Reaction score
Hello Poolman - I just tried that and a popup window appears that states:
You can't change events or reminders in Geneawebinars, Online Meetings, & Hangout calendars. You can't change items in calendars you subscribe to.

Bummer! I don't want to unsubscribe to the calendar, just delete one of the meetings every other week that is scheduled.

Thank you for helping / trying! Any other possible ideas?

C

chas_m

You are subscribed to their calendar, they control what appears on it.

You could easily create your own version of their calendar tailored to your needs and unsubscribe from their calendar.

OP
C
Reaction score
Calendar Craziness

Thank you both for your help. I think I am going to just have to unsub from that one calendar and then manually put in over 100 future seminar dates - just so I can change them if necessary. You would think it would be easier... but not my luck this time! Have a great holiday both of you!

M

MacInWin

If the seminars are on a regular schedule, you can create one repeating entry in iCal. You can repeat every week, or customize to any regular schedule. I have two such session, one weekly, one bi-weekly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.