Connectivity problems.

B

Batgirl

My other half has just purchased a new iMac. It found the home wireless network no problem, however it's not allowing him to send emails (eg gmail, he can view just not send) or load images into photobucket.

Any tips on what we can do to sort this?

Thanks

OP
H

Harryc

Tell him to select SSL in the 'mail' configuration for Gmail. Incoming mail is pop.gmail.com. Outgoing is smtp.gmail.com (I think :)) I use another ISP for outgoing so I am guessing.

OP
B

Batgirl

Is that when using iMail? Cos at the moment he hasn't got that far and is simply trying to send emails from his account at gmail.com.

Does that take sense?

I think it may be a problem with the router, although seeing as he's connected to the internet via the router i'm a tad puzzeled.

OP
B

Batgirl

Although presumably if we sent the mail through iMail that would sort the problem. However there is still the thing with uploading photos. Hmmm

OP
H

Harryc

'mail' or iMail is the way to go for GMail. I've never used photobucket. What problems is he having with it exactly?

OP
B

Batgirl

I've had an Mac mini and never had a problem with gmail, oh well. I'll sort iMail for him.

RE photobucket I believe that it's not allowing him to upload any images from the mac to his photobucket account (i'm at work and he's at home so this all the info I have!).

Thanks for the help btw.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.