Microsoft Office 11 & Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Hi All.

I have just managed a successful migration from a very sick Mac running Snow Leopard to a "new" refurbished one that is running Mountain Lion. However as I'm going through my various programs, I'm finding several don't work any more or won't opn. My biggest challenge is Microsoft Office 11!

This is the error message I'm getting:

Microsoft Word cannot be opened because of a problem
Check with the developer to make sure Microsoft Word works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple​

If I need updates, I'm not sure how to access them when I can't open the program.

Any assistance / advice would be appreciated

Cheers - Karen

C

chas_m

Adobe apps and Microsoft Office (and some other programs that install bits in a lot of different parts of a system) tend NOT to be restorable from a non-clone backup. Luckily, the solution is easy -- uninstall the program and reinstall it, both from your Microsoft Office DVD.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you so much for such a quick response :) Least it is an easy fix and I am capable of doing that LOL :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
When do you sleep?! (assuming that you are in N. America)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take ityoundo actually mean Office 2011 and not say Office X or Office 2004 which was known as version 11. Office 2008 and Office 2011 are the only versions that will work with Lion and Later. There was an Office 11 released by Microsoft for PC's only back in 2002,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.