Wireless Router?

Reaction score
Hey guys well our old computer just recently died and is outdated, well since we needed a new computer we were thinking of buying an Intel iMAC either 17" or 20" and we were also thinking of buying a Macbook Pro because we also need a laptop. I have a question both of these Mac's have the possiblility of wireless interent right? Do I need any additional parts or components to make it acces on wireless internet? Also what type of router do you reccomend for this, will a microsoft router work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
any kind of router will work.. i like the airport extreme but many people like linksys...and no you will not need any other parts to make a wireless network.. just make sure the imac has a wireless card in it.. the macbook comes with one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
what about the AirPort Express? :bone:

A

admiralpye

My Powerbook G4 15" is on a wireless network right now (a PC desktop, VAIO laptop, a 12" PB G4 and PB G4 15"). I'm using DLink. My friend is using Linksys for her own wifi connection. Our macs seem to work well with it. I also access the wifi connection in places like Starbucks no problem.

Mac Airport Express is ideal, but I didn't have the budget for it so I just bought a non-mac wireless router. Works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i use a linksys at home and like admiralpye said i can access wireless at starbucks, panera, just about anywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.