Computer not starting properly while battery is inserted

Reaction score
I have a small problem, my macbook will start fine when there is no battery inserted, but when I insert the battery and turn on the macbook it goes thru the grey screen, but after that it turns black. If I press any button the screen would work, but is very dark barely visible and only for a few seconds and go back to sleep. Everytime I pressed any button would do that. I bought a new battery and I still have the same problem, I was thinking about buying a new charger, I just want to know if there any other fix before I put more money in to it. Thank you in advance. Forget to mention I have a macbook 4.1 Core 2 duo 2 gb 13"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like a problem with the DC input board but I can't be sure. Since that's an early 2008 MacBook and isn't worth very much, you may not want to spend a lot on repairs. I don't think the problem is with the MagSafe charger but if you can borrow another to test with, give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.