• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Ipad Movie App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac book pro, 3.06Ghz intel core 2 due, 4gb memory,version 10.6.8 snow leopard
Hi All

I'm looking for a Ipad app that I can upload a number of photos to to make a stop motion video i.e. I took 100 shots of my friend doing a jump and i need to make each photo last 0.1 sec so it looks like its video.

I have IMovie but it only goes down to 0.3 sec and the start and end position are not the same.

Any ideas for the ipad?

cheers

C

chas_m

The iPad version is not suitable for such a precision job. It was designed for typical consumer editing, which is far more casual than what you're doing. Also, you don't need each photo to last 0.1 second; you need each photo to last 1/30th (0.0333repeating) for it to look like real-time video.

Even the desktop version of iMovie cannot do that, so instead let me suggest a program you already have: QuickTime X. WAAAY easier approach.

How to Make Stop Motion Video with Apple QuickTime Software

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
chas_m

thats great thank you for this, is the Quicktime x on the Ipad? as its really the Ipad im aiming to do it on while working away from my mac

C

chas_m

Nope. There is no program for the iPad that I'm aware of that can handle your stop-motion requirements. You need to use a computer.

(for about 30 seconds -- the tutorial on how to do this is above. For 100 shots it shouldn't take 10 seconds for it to put this together and maybe another 10 to save it)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chas_m

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Just use iMovie...load your stills...set the minimum amount of time possible, render. Reload the finished movie back into iMovie as a new project and speed the time up a hair....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.