Negative ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Someone has given me a negative rating on THIS POST
stating "don't feed this thread."

I was asking a perfectly feasable question as to why someone felt that the Mac book was a rip off, and it also ties in with what the user originally posted.

Why are other people allowed to post in that thread and I am told "not to feed it?" I have enjoyed my time here, and tried to help others to the best of my ability - but if people are going to do that it is a bit off is it not?

I have been a moderator on another forum for over 8 years so I know how some users behave, and I have my suspicions who it is, and I think in this case the negative feedback was unwarrantied.

Ridiculous - how anyone can be so immature. I never knew people could give negatives when someone is doing no wrong. Wonder what it would be like if we all did that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
The user reputation was developed because we removed the post count. Far too many members cared about their post counts which lead to bragging. With the development of the reputation system here we wanted it to be as meaningless and most balanced as possible.

The user reputation system is completely in the hands of members. You will get negative and positive reputation for the most trivial and pointless reasons. It is the case that more members send out positive points than negative points. As long as a single member is not abusing the system and trying to vote someone to zero we will not intervene.

In your case, you have one negative reply out of 9. With reading a few of them, already I have found the positive ones that are really quite pointless. You are an upstanding member, you have a very good start on reputation and you will continue to get positive and negative points for the things you post. Do not take it too seriously, people know who you are regardless of your little green dots.

In short, we know the majority of members reputation is far lower than what they deserve. But it will slowly grow and reflect their status. It is greatly under used.

For more information on the user reputation system click links in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.