Multiple Mac products - how to change some to new Mac account

Reaction score
My wife and I have the following:
Her - Mac notebook, Iphone 4s and Ipad 2.Also a ipod mini
Me - Mac notebook and iphone5 and old version iPod

When we started with Macs we created an account for iTunes but now with different tastes in music etc I am trying to find a way to
1. Create an account (easily enough done) that allows me to move my notebook etc to my account and leave my wifes as they are.
2. Find out what might be the ramifications of doing this? Would it mean that stuff already on my Mac and iPhone (some of which loaded onto my phone when I went into itunes store using our current address) be lost?

I also have an ipod that says that if I try to transfer the existing music will delete everything on my iPod. Is there some way I can transfer my ipod music to my iPhone but retain it on my iPod?

We are both in our late 60's so not too IT savvy but reasonable capable but be gentle with us so we can follow your explanations.

Thanks

Garry (& Jan):|:|

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's nothing wrong with having a separate Apple ID (account) for you and the wife. Music and other things that have already been purchased with the single account will not be lost.

I also have an ipod that says that if I try to transfer the existing music will delete everything on my iPod. Is there some way I can transfer my ipod music to my iPhone but retain it on my iPod?

Is the music which is on your iPod also in your iTunes library? If it is, just sync your iPhone with iTunes.

OP
G
Reaction score
Not at the moment. When I hooked it uop to the laptop it indicated it would wipe it all from the iPod. Now I have my own Mac laptop I can probably do that and then reload it from the iTunes onto my iPhone. Ipod has become obsolete I guess.

Thanks again for your very helpful replies

Garry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.