Programs on Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
I was wondering if having more apps in the dock would slow down my powerbook. I have been cautious to *** too many apps because of this. Is is sort of like having too many things on the desktop? I wasn't sure if this was already covered. I searched the forums but didn't find anything on this. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The items on the Dock are merely aliases. They will not slow down your computer.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
Thanks for the response. Now I can add more programs to the dock instead of having to open up Apps forlder all the time. Makes things a lot easier. Which I guess was the whole reason to switch to Mac in the first place.

J

jn4jenny

saunderscc said:
Thanks for the response. Now I can add more programs to the dock instead of having to open up Apps forlder all the time. Makes things a lot easier. Which I guess was the whole reason to switch to Mac in the first place.

Or if you don't want to clutter up your dock, you could get Quicksilver or Launchbar or something of that nature, both available at VersionTracker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
saunderscc said:

Also, check this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29678

Adding the Applications folder itself to the Dock, allows you to have a "pop-out" menu showing all of your apps. A quick/easy way to get to everything, without ever seeing the finder.

Mark

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I added my Apps folder to the dock and it works great. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.