• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Flash-back response

T

topshot

Hi all. Well I only discovered this site about one week ago and I'm having great fun here so far. Seems like a good place to help a few people out, have a good banter and debate with a few people who have an existing or growing fondness for macs.

Anyway, my post is about this: A post made in the switchers hangout got me thinking about responses to people who put you down about your mac. Here is the link to the post called 'I'm So Mad:mac haters '.

I remember when I first got my mac, and being new to it and having spent all that money, I had to justify my purchase to people even though I still wasn't sure it was the right choice (having persisted I now know it was).

Sometimes it is hard to know how to justify it, and in the case of this guys post, his response to the guy was a bit abrubt: shutting down the machine and saying 'you don't have to use it'. Given that the guy wasn't prepaired, I fully understand his defensive and quick response. I'd have probably done the same, but their are better ways to respond that can leave you in a more positive light.

So here I propose the first of hopefully a string of potential ready responses to back up your claim to making the right choice.

Stinging remark: Why are you using that crap! Windows is the best.

Flash-back response: Laughs out loud...yeah whatever... fool(said under-the-breath but still audible).

Intent to belittle the guy back, in the knowledge that he is wrong while still letting him use the Mac to give him/her a taster.

Next:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.