mac purchase

Reaction score
Alright here goes. I have a 2004 powerbook g4 that i replaced the hard drive in a couple years ago, yeah i know it's time. Anyway i'm in a quandry as what mac(s) i should purchace. i would like to have the portability of a laptop but i would also like to have a large screen for photo restoration. some people have suggested i buy an imac and an ipad rather that another laptop....so any suggestions thank you. Geo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You really need to decide IF you want to do photo restoration on the go.
If thats not sa big thing then a iPad and iMac sound like the way to go, and with it being all intergrated t iCloud now, once pics are on your iPad, they will be already for you on your iMac when you get home.

Personally for me i would like the portabiliy of a MBP and have it hooked up to a external monitor for when im home :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
+1 for an MBP. I use one in a Henge Dock attached to an NEC monitor...makes a great portable/desktop solution. Old image, much has changed :) Henge dock is still the same...

mac.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
+1 for an MBP. I use one in a Henge Dock attached to an NEC monitor...makes a great portable/desktop solution. Old image, much has changed :) Henge dock is still the same...

Nice little setup you have going there Craig :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.