The Print Shop 2 for Mac

Reaction score
I have just purchased The Print Shop 2 for Mac to run on my OSX 10.8.2. It is exactly the same as the one displayed on the MacKiev site as being the correct version for that OS. However, it will not install - sends a message saying there is not enough free space on my HD drive. It has 367 GB free!! What can I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just checked the system requirements for Print Shop 2 for the Mac. There seems to be some conflicting statements made by the publisher. They're claiming it can be installed on PPC machines (G3...) and then go on to say it will even work with Mountain Lion. Lion and Mountain Lion can no longer run an application which is PPC coded. Mountain Lion is Intel only.

I would get in touch with the publisher (MacKiev) and try to find out what's going on. Also, if you need a program to do greeting cards, flyers, brochures, etc, Apple iWork Pages in layout mode can do all of that. It's only $19.99 and comes with a myriad of nice templates.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks chscag, I had seen there was some confusion over the requirements for The Print Shop 2 but was confident after seeing the MacKiev site that it would be OK. Did try to contact them under their support tab but no help there. Will try to pursue that further.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
I have had the same problem i.e. not enough free space when I know there is plenty,just got email back from mackiev with this link www.softwaremackiev.com/downloads/printshop2/TPS2-Installer-Update-Utility.dmg
I have down loaded this and printshop 2 with no problems,make sure disc 1 is in the cd drive before trying to download this software link and follow the instructions.It also installs any updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Hello, I don't know if you are even here anymore... it's been six years since the post was posted. Just want to say THANKYOU THANKYOU...I am so in love with this version of Print Shop for Mac. When I saw it on eBay brand new I jumped on it.... but....bummed out when it just did not want to load. I thought maybe it was my Mojave Mac then I went to my sons Sierra...nothing. The message was that I had no room. At my wit's end I came here and found your link. IT WORKED! Now this excellent oldie but goodie is humming away on my Mojave Mac and I couldn't be more pleased.
Happy camper in Alaska
Cheers
Silvia

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Sylvia and a warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

Although an old thread, your response is appreciated.

I hope this means that we shall he hearing from you on a regular basis:)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Ian, glad to be here.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
We're still under feet of snow up here in the Frozen Frontier.
Cheers, Silvia

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks, Ian, glad to be here.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
We're still under feet of snow up here in the Frozen Frontier.
Cheers, Silvia
Welcome. Please don't tell my wife about their being that much snow. She will want to ,move there immediately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
;D come on up and join me on my snowshoeing adventures!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ian, I notice you are in Wales. I am planning a Nordic walking adventure to the Brecons with a team from the UK. My ancestry is from Wales/Pembrokeshire before my great gp immigrated to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego Argentina in the 1900's and I was born in Argentina - now live in Alaska. Still cold but opposite poles. Small world.
Take care
S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.