Windows 7 installation "Expanding Windows File" Error

Reaction score
So hey, I have a white 2009 Macbook, got it in 2010 and I bootcamped my windows normally using my windows 7 CD. My HDD got infected so I had to reformat it and I lost everything, so now I have to reinstall Windows on my macbook but when I'm just almost done installation it's at the step "Expanding windows file" 0% and it just stays there for about 2-5 minutes before it gives me an error. I was guessing because my CD isn't in the best condition so that may be a reason, but do you guys know any other way to install windows 7 without a usb or flashdrive? I would really like to play some of the games i use to on windows.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Can you read the disc in OSX? You could create a disk image using Disk Utility and burn the disc again if its all scratched up

OP
S
Reaction score
The disc is in good enough condition to be read, i tried it on my desktop which is run by windows and it works perfectly. That's why im skeptical if it's really the CD or something else that digs further into the issue. Also, i don't have a dvd that can hold 2+ GB worth of software. All I have is a bunch of 700mb CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think your diagnosis of failing optical drive is spot on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.