Window 7 on Mac Mini i5

Reaction score
I did a migration on my new Mac Mini but the Window 7 won't boot. My old Mac running 10.6.8. Any suggestions will try.

Got this message: Macintosh-3:Windows 7 1.pvm

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you perform the migration? You can not migrate Windows from one Mac to another without using specialized software: For example, cloning the Windows partition using WinClone.

Edit: OK, I think you were using Parallels instead of Boot Camp? In that case, it appears the virtual machine is corrupt.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes. Parallel. So its corrupted. It did prompt not compatible when it finished migration. How to fix it? Reinstall or upgrade? I don't willing to reinstall the Parallel cause I have programs and files on there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's no need to reinstall Parallels, however, you will have to reinstall Windows 7 within Parallels in order to obtain a new and uncorrupted VM.

OP
S
Reaction score
Parallels Desktop on Mini i5

Everytime I started my Window 7 on new Mac Mini i5, it prompted a message warning " Unable to find the Parallels driver for USB devices" " Unable to connect CD/DVD 1." Please help me to fix it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You'll need to open Parallels options for devices and make sure that the USB devices are assigned to Parallels so the Parallels driver for USB can be used. In other words, make sure that your optical drive is assigned to Parallels as long as the Windows 7 VM is running.

I no longer have my Parallels installation up and running so I can't be more specific. But the gist of what I said should help you resolve it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry to say, I'm not Window user and Parallels is new to me. Could you guild me step by stip, please.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.