late 2012 mac mini server sick from my migration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 2.4GHz; 2012 Mac Mini Server 2.6GHz; TC 2Tb; iPhone 6+ 128 gb
I just got a mac mini server. It's backed up by TC. I wanted some of my apps from my my mid 2009 MBP. So, i used migration assistant and moved only the apps. After the successful migration, I rebooted the mini and the gray screen w/o spinning wheel showed up. I rebooted and the mini started with the fan running (maybe safe mode or target mode?). I went into disk utility and verified and repaired the disks and the report said they were fine (I've searched this and other sites and found no remedy}. What should I do? Please help me out!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 2.4GHz; 2012 Mac Mini Server 2.6GHz; TC 2Tb; iPhone 6+ 128 gb
I figured it out. I shut down the mini; then unpluged it; then pressed and held the unit's "power on" button for 15 seconds, with it unplugged; plugged the power cord back in; waited 5 seconds; and the pressed the "power on" button. And it started without the fan screaming like a banshee!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.