Opengl 3 software on Macbook Pro 13" 2012

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to run a software which requires opengl 3.0 on my macbookpro 13" i5 with the Intel HD4000 under Parallels 7. Is this possible at all? Or do I have to install bootcamp and if so, would it work there?

The software I would like to use is free and one can download it on the following site:

SkyScan software updates
CTvox : Volume Rendering

It would be very helpful if somebody using bootcamp on a macbookpro 13" i5 with an intel hd4000 could test if the program runs on his system. I have no bootcamp at the moment and i dont want to install it on my (ssd+hdd) system just to test whether it works, since it is a hassle to make the windows installation without the superdrive...

Thanks a lot
david

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You would be better off inquiring if OpenGL 3 is supported under Parallels 7 by checking with their forums. Also, Parallels has recently released version 8 which supposedly offers better performance in a Windows virtual machine.

OP
D
Reaction score
It works.

Installed Win7 on Bootcamp (by the way this worked without any problem making a bootable win 7 usb stick - no superdrive needed).

david

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.