Imac (Early 2008)

Reaction score
Is it possible to stream from the computer to my Panasonic Viera TV with an early 2008 Imac? Or is my Imac too antiquated? If yes, what do I need to buy? I.E. mini-display port (best models), HDMI cables, etc.

C

chas_m

An early 2008 iMac isn't likely to have any of the connections you mention. You can certainly use a DVI-to-HDMI cable -- I recommend buying from Monoprice if you're in the US -- to get the video on your HDTV (you'll likely need a separate audio cable for sound).

If the iMac is capable of running fairly recent software (at least Snow Leopard, and it should be, upgrade to it if you haven't already for $20) you may be able to use AirParrot ($10) and an Apple TV ($99) to handle both sound and video mirroring (way better solution IMHO, though more expensive than a couple of wires, but you also get a lot more for your money).

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you. I hadn't been able to find ANY info on Apple Support website prior to 2009 Imac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.