how to delete TV shows from ipad

Reaction score
I'm confused about TV shows on my ipad. I downloaded 7 episodes from a series. I have watched all of them except the last - the first 4 on my ipad, then the next 2 on my laptop. I cannot download the last episode on my ipad, although I have, or I think I have, deleted all the other episodes. However, I see three downloads on my ipad that I cannot access. Episode 7 says "download error. tap to retry." When I tap that, it says Episode 7 could not be downloaded at this time. When I go to the Video app on my ipad, there is nothing there. I thought I could totally delete all episodes, then just re-download Episode 7, in case space was an issue. I keep going in circles, and it's driving me crazy. Please give me the piece of the puzzle that I'm missing!!!:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you say:
I see three downloads on my ipad that I cannot access
Where do you see these and what do you mean you can't access them?

Can you delete the Episode 7 download?

Try to delete any/all 7 episodes. Open the multitasking bar and close all apps. Hard restart your iPad (hold sleep/wake & home until the screen goes blank and the apple logo appears).

Now go back to the iTunes app and try the episode 7 download again

OP
J
Reaction score
I was able to delete the remaining three episodes on my iPad by swiping across them, then touching "delete". Then I downloaded the one episode that I had not seen, and was able to watch it with no problem. So I'm assuming indequate space was the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Glad you got it working

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.