macBookPro photos

Reaction score
Can I use my pc to take photographs and send them to a friend? If so how ? I am very computer unliterate !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm guessing from the title you have a MacBook Pro.

While you can take pictures with the built in camera it's not particularly convenient.

However, there are many ways to send photos to friends. Email, sharing on Facebook, uploading to a website, sharing on dropbox etc etc.

The most straightforward way if it's just one or two photos is email. Does your friend have email?

C

chas_m

While you can take pictures with the built in camera it's not particularly convenient.

Whatchu talkin' bout??

It's incredibly easy. Open Photobooth, take a picture. Drag picture to the Mail icon on your dock. Address and send. Done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Can I use my pc to take photographs and send them to a friend? If so how ? I am very computer unliterate !!

Yes you can but to expand on mrplow's comments you'll be lugging your machine around in all weathers and circumstances with no control over the shot because the camera is 'fixed focus'. If you can imagine trying to frame and focus a nice 'rule of two thirds' subject + landscape pic in bright sunshine in the middle of a windy field...?

The built in 'Face Time HD' camera can be used with the Photo booth app usually for taking 'head and shoulder' shots, you can enable the screen flash if you want and you get 3 seconds countdown before you get potted and err...that's about it, so I would concur that it's of very limited use and only really convenient if that's all you want to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.