How to connect my stuff to give Skype music lessons?

Reaction score
This is what I have:

- A MacBook with 2 USB ports
- A headset with separate audio/mic connections (I have a USB adapter for it)
- A Mixer with a USB output
- A guitar
- A smartphone with a sequencer app

I'd like to give Skype guitar lessons, meaning:

- connecting guitar and smartphone (sequencer) to the mixer and send them to my MacBook (USB)
- using the headset at the same time to listen and to talk to the other person

If I use the USB adapter for the headset the problem is that I have 2 USB devices that my MacBook wont allow to operate at the same time :'(. If I want to connect the headset to my mixer the microphone wont work since it needs plugin power :'(. Who can help me out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Get yourself a good quality, powered USB hub

OP
T
Reaction score
So I got myself a good quality, powered USB hub. I found out that in the Audio/Midi SetUp I can make a group of connected usb devices. Everything is connected. I made a group of my headset and the mixer, but I can't hear the sound that is coming from my mixer in my headset although it's detected by System Preference-> Audio. And while testing Skype the mixer's sound is also transmitted. And not the sound of of the headset's mic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.